Saturday, October 5, 2013

Spotting Sight Words and More...

This sentence strip chart borrows a few lines from one of our favorite books "Caps for Sale." Pointing to the words while reading this chart, students learn that each word is separated by a space, sight words (in, the, down, to, me), color words (red, green, blue, etc.) and more importantly rhyme and repetition. These types of interactive activities are all a part of our literacy block each morning and help build a strong foundation in reading.

3 comments:

Wendy Chung said...

Looking forward to seeing their progress in reading!

Christa said...

What a wonderful activity! You ladies are so creative :)

Lourdes said...

I could still hear my children chanting, "Caps for Sale. Caps for sale." A great book that gives me great memories of my children and their great teachers. Caps off to you ladies!